Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How I "met" Bob Vila


No, I've never truly met him, but this post is about my introduction to the great, Bob Vila.

My dad, who loves building things and architecture, would make me watch "This Old House." Okay, not really "make" me, but it would come on after the cartoons I would watch on PBS back in the day. I remember thinking, "God, I hate this show. What do I care about building houses?" I didn't care. And I still don't care about building houses. However, even back then, I felt an affinity for the man with a full beard and head of hair. He reminded me of my dad; I guess that's why I always liked him and thought, "This guy is alright in my book." He was always so smiley (like my dad) and he definitely knew how to build things.

Bob Vila has a fucking DOT COM now! If you feel inclined, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment