Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bob Ross: A Simple Man


I was first introduced to Bob Ross back when I was a youngin' in elementary school. I remember watching some episodes of his PBS show, "The Joy of Painting" in class. I wasn't exactly sure why we were watching this show at the time, but now I understand all too well--because Bob Ross is amazing. He can paint clouds and trees like no other. Also, he painted in a way that made me think, "Shit, I could do this!" (Even though I would try and fail countless times). He was soft spoken and had an "everything's gonna be alright" attitude.

So, a little bit about Bob, for those of you who don't know:
-born in Florida in 1942
-was in the Air Force
-"The Joy of Painting" ran from 1983-1994
-died in Florida in 1995 from Lymphoma at the age of 52

Yes, you read that right. Bob Ross hasn't been with us for quite some time. Though, you can still buy his many paint products here.

I bet wherever Bob is, he's still painting the best damn clouds and trees ever. You know it. I know it. He knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment