Sunday, March 7, 2010

Honorary Bob



One crazy afternoon while waiting for our bus to arrive, Lachrista and I reminisced about Bob Vila’s “This Old House” and how we wish he could do something about our apartment. It was then that we realized Bob Vila isn’t the only celeb with a pretty nifty beard. Suddenly we thought back to those days where we would sit and watch Bob Ross paint his majestic landscapes filled with trees, mountains, and clouds. It was at that moment we knew we had a duty to the world to share our thoughts on these Bobs with glorious beards.

Now, I haven’t always been a fan of beards. My mom never hesitates to remind me that men with beards probably have something to hide. I don’t know if I buy that, but I do know the moment when I began to admire the bearded. One day, many years ago, I happened to be watching Comedy Central, as I often do when the present is just too ‘real,’ and Zach Galifianakis’ first standup special was underway. He was absurd; he was creepy; he was absolutely hysterical and, damn it, quite attractive.

To this very day, I continue to admire Zacharius Knight Galifianakis for his wit, his musical ability, his odd choice of TV roles and his sexy dance moves.

For these reasons, if you will indulge me for a second, I nominate Zach Galifianakis to be an honorary Bob. He already has the beard; now he’s a Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment